Food Grade Calcium Chloride
|Physical and Chemical Properties|
|Appearance||White powder or granular solid|
|Density (S.G)||2.15 (Anhydrate) - 2.24 (Monohydrate) - 1.85 (Dihydrate)|
|Molar Mass||110.98 g/mol|
|Melting Point||772 °C (Anhydrate) - 260 °C (Monohydrate) - 176 °C (Dihydrate)|
|Boiling Point||1935 °C|
Calcium Chloride is a type of salt which is composed of Calcium and Chlorine ions. Calcium Chloride granules are white and odorless. It is usually found as a hydrated solid with the general chemical formula of CaCl2.x(H2O) where x is equal to 0, 1, 2, 4 and 6. As an example, anhydrous Calcium Chloride has a molecular mass of 110.98 g/mol.
Edible Calcium Chloride is usually dry which is also known as the anhydrous type. It is produced with 96% purity. Edible Calcium Chloride has medicinal and food applications. Moreover, it can be utilized in the production of animal foods.
Calcium Chloride is highly soluble in water and considered a hygroscopic substance. It extremely absorbs moisture; therefore, it is widely known as a desiccant – induce and sustaining a state of dryness. When dissolved in water, it produces a clear, colorless solution. The process of dissolving Calcium Chloride in the aqueous environment is exothermic due to its high enthalpy characteristic. Calcium Chloride salt is a source of Calcium ions which is excellent to be used in the substitution chemical reactions as it easily replaces other cations.
Calcium Chloride is insoluble in ammonia, dimethyl sulfoxide and ethyl acetate. Moreover, it is soluble in alcohol, pyridine and methanol.
Advantages of food grade Calcium Chloride
From Physiological prospective, Calcium Chloride is very helpful for human body. As it breaks down into Calcium and Chloride ions in human body, Calcium has a positive effect on the nervous system, muscles and bones. Also, Chlorine ions regulate the pH balance of the blood and help control the fluid level of human body. Food grade Calcium Chloride can replenish minerals which is lost through exercising and sweating.
It is worth mentioning, Calcium Chloride is approved by the World Health Organization and is safe to be used in foods.
As Calcium Chloride easily absorbs water, it must be stored carefully in dry area. It is recommended to be extremely careful when working with Calcium Chloride, as it can cause health and safety risks. Calcium Chloride 78% must be prevented from spreading in the environment and infiltrating the soil, water and sewage channels. Please refer to TEAM MSDS for further details on Calcium Chloride information.
Supplying Calcium Chloride food grade From TEAM
TEAM has been actively supplying food grade Calcium Chloride to food industries and has competitive pricing in Iran. References are available upon request. We have a standard quality control system in place and can arrange for international inspection with the help of inspection companies such as SGS.
The price of food grade Calcium Chloride will vary depending on shipping terms, quantity and availability. Please contact TEAM sales department through our contact numbers, in order to register a purchase order or pre-purchase consultation.
Calcium Chloride Food Grade is supplied in 25 kg moisture-proof sacks.
Markets in the World
According to the COHERENT MARKET INSIGHTS website, it is predicted that the market of food grade Calcium Chloride will increase from 679 million dollars in 2021 to 1,078 million dollars in 2028, and the market will experience a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% between 2021 and 2028. In this study, North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa are covered. In addition, the main growth causes are predicted to be Growth of the cheese market globally and multiple applications of food grade Calcium Chloride in food processing industry.
Applications of Calcium Chloride food gradeCalcium Chloride Food Grade is used in a variety of applications in food industries. In the following, some of the mentioned applications are explained briefly:
- Calcium Chloride is used to add salty flavor to pickles and other foods without increasing the amount of sodium.
- CaCl2 anhydrous food grade increases the texture integrity and durability of fruits and vegetables.
- Dietary Calcium levels in frozen fruits and vegetables can be increased by processing them with Calcium Chloride.
- Calcium Chloride is utilized in the production of ice cream and frozen foods.
- This substance is used for maintaining meat tenderness.
- This substance is usually used as a soluble electrolyte in energy drinks and other non-alcoholic drinks, including mineral water. Using Calcium Chloride ions in energy drinks helps the body to maintain fluid-balance and provides better functioning of muscles and nerves.
- Precipitation of soy protein is a sensitive process, which is traditionally done via Calcium sulfate or Calcium Chloride. Fortunately, Calcium Chloride by itself does not have any perceptible taste in the final product.
- Calcium Chloride keeps the apple slices fresh and prevents the formation of brown color which is normally caused by the reaction of the apple slices with oxygen.
- Canned tomatoes contain Calcium Chloride, which acts as a preservative and improves overall product quality. In products such as low-sodium or no-sodium canned tomatoes, Calcium Chloride is added to add saltiness without adding sodium. Furthermore, products that contain Calcium chloride have a softer texture.
- Cheese production, noticeably when using pasteurized milk, requires the addition of salt to help precipitate milk protein. More specifically, pasteurizing milk destroys Calcium in milk. Calcium Chloride helps form the cheese and ensures that nutrients are not decreased. A variety of cheeses, including soft cheeses such as mozzarella and hard cheeses such as cheddar, contain Calcium Chloride.
- Calcium Chloride is used to decelerate the freezing of caramel in caramel-filled chocolate bars.
- Edible Calcium Chloride is also used in the production of animal food.